A real estate asset management company has grown significantly through mergers and acquisitions (M&A) and has an inhomogeneous IT landscape with many similar IT services. The sub-companies are spread across several European countries and have different requirements and operating specifications. The various parts of the company use their own IT, hosting, outsourcing and cloud services (Saas, PaaS). The goal of the project is to unify the IT Services and standardize the IT operating models on a uniform database.
- Lack of transparency in structures, lack of knowledge regarding technologies, no automation to integrate external services.
- Lack of interfaces to service providers.
- Inhomogeneous technologies.
Together with an application development partner, KnowledgeRiver helps to build an enterprise-wide IT data lake to collect IT usage information (application, department, responsibilities) and interoperability between IT resources by using KnowledgeRiver’s data control platform DC360Ocean. Based on this, topology models and usage overviews are created and dependencies are made transparent.
The information is used by the application developer for decision-making regarding migration / new development. In addition, this information provides the basis for corporate decisions regarding platforms, technologies and sourcing models.
Based on DC360Ocean we are able to show current topologies, dependencies and usage of IT services with this information.
Added Value for the Customer
- Transparency of applications in use, sourcing usage, and scope of usage.
- Platform for application migration planning.
- Continuous progress monitoring during the migration phase (planned 18 months).
- Mapping of existing internal responsibilities and, for service providers, optional contract information.
- Monitoring of existing SLAs of specific IT Services.
- Transparency for the IT teams of the sub-companies as well as a common IT view.